The app needed is similar to stripped back version of Wire, but with several additional features.
- Remove everything from Wire except voice functionality (text, graphics, video etc)
- Make the app hands free (after the first connection is made), that is it must auto connect and reconnect if there is a dropout.
- Orientate the app to work with defined groups, rather than individuals
Note the GUI’s below
How the app will work in practice
a) The Group Coordinator downloads the Team Radio app from the iTunes or Google Play store
b) On the Team Radio ‘Coordinator’ page, the Coordinator (see GUI below):
• Enters a name for the group (e.g. Saturday Demons)
• Selects group Members from their contacts list (Similar to Wire)
• Invites Members
c) Members receive an invitation from the Coordinator and using the link provided download the Team Radio app (if not previously done)
d) On the Team Radio ‘Member’ page, members select the group they want to connect to (e.g. Saturday Demons).
e) As long as both coordinator and members have the app open and the group selected the connection will be automatic. That is, the coordinator’s app will ‘ping’ members and handshaking will be automatic.
Other potential user groups
• For coaches who can instruct players during practice sessions (without yelling across the field)
• Team sports such as Paint Ball where strategy is a significant factor in success
• Rock climbing and other sports where people are close, but communication difficult
• To name just a few…