Sales companies and online shops struggle to make their customers not just browse the site but buy their items. Among the most effective tools to drive more sales are WooCommerce wishlist plugins.
The wishlist is a powerful tool for boosting online sales. Sometimes a customer can’t or won’t buy a product right away, usually due to indecision or a lack of money. Allowing users to bookmark, sort, compare, and share your products on social media will encourage them to return, as well as draw in new potential customers.
When you need to think about gifts or just purchases in advance, a wishlist is a precious lifesaver and unremovable tool. Monitoring users’ lists on the site, Facebook or Twitter helps people to find a suitable present, understand their friends and mates better, make them happy. Also Admin is enabled to indicate the best-selling product, analyse all the purchases and wishlists. Wishlists can also aggregate data on bestselling products to help online merchants improve their sales.
WooCommerce wishlist plugins are powerful and profitable tools that can help you boost your online sales. If you need help, Multi-Programming Solutions is ready to answer all your plugin questions and help you build a WooCommerce store to grow your online business!
Agile Family of Flexible Project Management Methodologies
If it is expected to accomplish an objective — on time and within budget, obviously – knowledge of management is a must-know. Whether up to the development of a new software, a promoting campaign, or the landing of a human on Mars, project management makes it conceivable to succeed.
All projects are different. There is no perfect project management system suitable for each type of project. Also, there is no system that would suit every manager and was convenient for all team members. However, during the existence of project management, many effective approaches, methodologies and standards were created, which can be adopted. We will talk about the most popular of them today.
The approaches developed are very different from each other. They differ in application, detail, self-sufficiency and formalization. The purpose of this article is to provide the broadest overview of the approaches in project management. Here we will look at Agile and its helpers: Scrum and Kanban.
Agile is a family of “flexible” approaches to software development. Such approaches are also sometimes called frameworks or agile methodologies.
Agile emerged in the IT environment, but then spread to other areas – from industrial engineering to artificial intelligence.
Agile assumes that the project does not need to rely only on previously created detailed plans. It is crucial to concentrate on the constantly changing conditions of the external and internal environment and to take into account feedback from customers and users. This encourages developers and engineers to experiment and find new solutions, not limiting yourself to rigid frameworks and standards.
The very advantage of Agile is its flexibility and adaptability. It can adapt to almost any conditions and processes of the organization. That is what determines its current popularity and how many systems for different areas were created on its basis.
One of the concepts of Agile: “Response for change is more relevant than following a scheme.” It is the quick and relatively painless reaction to change that causes many large companies to make their processes more flexible. In addition, Agile is great for projects with an “open end”, e.g. launching a service or blog.
Agile is a set of concepts and duties. The weak side is that every team will ought to independently establish its own management system, led by the principles of Agile. This is a complicated and time-consuming process that will need changes throughout the organization, starting with procedures and ending with basic values. This is a thorny path and not all organizations can do it.
Individual agile approaches include scrum and kanban.
Scrum is an approach with exact structure. A universal group of pros caries each project, which is joined by two additional people: the product proprietor and the scrum-ace. The first units the team with the client and scans the development of the project; this is a kind of a mentor. The second encourages the first to compose a business procedure: organizes general meetings, deals with domestic issues, motivates the team and scans compliance with the scrum methodology.
The scrum approach partitions the work procedure into equal sprints – ordinarily these are periods from seven days to a month, contingent upon the project and team. Before it, assignments for this sprint are set and detailed, at the end – the outcomes are talked about, and the team begins a new sprint. Sprints are advantageous to contrast and one another, which enables you to get more work efficiency.
The main scheme of Scrum forms rotates around 5 fundamental meetings: ordering the backlog, planning, daily flyers, summarizing and retrospectives.
Backlog Meeting. It is held on the first day of each Sprint. It checks what has already been performed on the project as a whole, what stays to be done and a choice is made about what to do next. The product owner figures out which tasks at this stage are of the most astounding need. This procedure determines the success of the Sprint. All things considered, it relies upon him what esteem the client will get in the sprint.
Planning: After the product proprietor has set the priorities, the group will together choose what precisely they will perform and emphasize, how to reach the goal, held at the previous gathering. Groups may utilize distinctive arranging and assessment tools at this stage, as long as they don’t repudiate the standards and rationale of Scrum. Sprint planning is carried out at the very beginning of the iteration, after the Product Ordering Meeting.
Daily flyers:Team “players” spend 20 minutes to discuss the tasks and project status. There is no talk about issues or decision making – if after a meeting there are questions and clashes, the Scrum Master and the members involved discuss them on their own. The fly is necessary to exchange information and keep all team members motivated.
Summing up: The aim of the step is to analyze and adjust the item being done. The group introduces the work results to all interested parties. The very idea is to ensure that done things meet the client’s desires and is reliable with the targets of the item.
Sprint Retrospective: Held following summing up the sprint and before arranging the following sprint. On it, the group discovers how well and easily passed the way toward executing the stage. Examination of exposed issues in work, strategy and cooperation. This stage enables the team to direct a reflection and to hold the next Sprint more effectively.
The weak side is that Scrum was designed for projects that require “quick success” joined with resistance for change. What’s more, this system is appropriate for circumstances where not all colleagues have sufficient experience in the field in which the project is being implemented – consistent correspondence between colleagues considers an absence of experience or capabilities of certain workers because of data and help from associates.
Kanban is a balanced approach. Its task is to balance the work of various specialists within the team and omit a situation where designers are busy for days and developers are bored because of the lack of new tasks.
The main performance indicator in kanban is the average time for the task to complete on the board. The task passed quickly – the team worked productively and harmoniously. The task was delayed – it is necessary to think
At what stage and why did the delays arise and whose work should be optimized.
Your own Kanban framework can be as adaptable as you want it to be – all things considered, from various perspectives Kanban is a perception of the possibility of Agile.
Be that as it may, Kanban has 4 columns that hold the entire framework:
• Cards: For every task an individual card is made, in which all details about the task is entered. In this way, all the necessary information about the task is always nearby. The breaking point on the quantity of tasks at the stage: the quantity of cards at one phase is carefully managed. Due to this, it becomes immediately apparent when a “congestion” occurs in the workflow, which is speedily disposed of. Because of this, it turns out to be quickly obvious when a “blockage” happens in the work process, which is speedily disposed of.
• Continuous flow: Tasks from the backlog get into the flow arranged by need. Consequently, the work never stops.
• Continuous Improvement: The idea of nonstop improvement showed up in Japan toward the finish of the twentieth century. Its pith is the steady examination of the creation procedure and the scan for approaches to build profitability.
• Like Scrum, Kanban is well suited for a genuinely cohesive team with great correspondence. But, in contrast to Scrum, Kanban has no reasonable due dates set, which is appropriate for inspired and experienced groups.
With appropriate arrangement and management, Kanban can be of extraordinary advantage to the venture group. Precise estimation of the heap in the group,Appropriate arrangement of confinements and focus on consistent improvement – this permits Kanban to spare assets and put on deadlines and financial plan. And all this combined with flexibility.
You can regularly hear that by Kanban, in contrast to Scrum, you can work with practically any group. But, it isn’t so.
The main Kanban weakness is that it is most appropriate for groups whose individuals’ abilities cover with one another. Consequently, they can enable each other to defeat troubles in tackling issues. Without this, Kanban won’t be as compelling as it could be. Additionally, Kanban is more qualified in situations where there are no hard deadlines.
For tight deadlines, Scrum is better suited.
IT companies should be really careful and responsible with using such techniques. Each project needs its approach to work with and succeed. Multi-Programming Solutions deals with Agile, Scrum and Kanban professionally and chooses an appropriate way to manage the team work. We know how to create the product which will meet your needs according to the set deadline and budget.
The specifics of developing cross-platform applications
Nowadays setting up of any business to the Internet proceeds according to the following scenario: first, the company launches the site, then it is adapted for mobile devices, and if traffic is increasing, it makes sense to gain a foothold among the owners of mobile gadgets, and the company releases the application.
There is no sense in comparing the mobile site and the application – the second one definitely wins due to the breadth of its capabilities and responsive interface, which is much more comfortable to interact with through a phone or tablet. In addition, the application can work without a permanent connection to the Internet.
Cross-platform application development has become essential for IT businesses thus it can work on more than one mobile platform. It’s getting more popular and the number of multi-platform apps and tools is rising. A well-made cross-platform mobile app will win a native one with the users’ ability to have access to your product on multiple platforms.
The design of mobile applications plays an important role in creating the service. Functionality and usefulness are important for users, but if the design does not attract or even makes it difficult to work with the application, it will be immediately removed.
UI/UX design figures prominently in launching any product or application. A customer judges your item by perceiving the picture, its color, and simple usage. So you can’t neglect this fact during the development process
Being directly related to technology, we already know about Node.js backend building and its capabilities in creating web applications. Due to its outstanding properties, Node.js is really popular in the community of backend engineers and technology developers. Here we describe 5 frameworks that extend the core functionality of Node.js with the latest features and will develop rapidly in 2019.
Reasons to use Node.JS
The pros of applications built on these frameworks are different, but they have something in common:
• Most of them are free and have open source code to use. Since this significantly speeds up the creation of an application, therefore, it reduces the price of the web application itself.
• Frameworks significantly improve performance, and all because it maximally optimizes the process. Because it is easier to use frameworks with optimization and well-structured templates than writing hundreds of lines of code. You can build end-to-end web applications in real time and without third-party application servers, web servers, technologies, or tools.
Node.js frameworks are really popular at the market, and in 2019 they acquired even more functions and pros. Many leading programming langs are accessible on the market, but top 2019 Node.js frameworks have truly changed the building process. Companies and freelancers engaged in the development of Node.Js who are looking for different strategies to speed up web development without losing quality, pay attention to these frameworks.
• It is usually used to implement data-driven APIs. This approach is utilized to make apps such as online chats, various control panels, games.
• It works well with a variety of environments and tools for developing app interfaces. As an example, it can be used to develop applications designed for the Android and iOS platforms; Angular and React libraries are well combined with it. This suggests that a developer who chooses Sails.js will be able to integrate it into almost any application development process.
• It supports Grunt modules such as LESS, SASS, Stylus, CoffeeScript, Pug (formerly Jade) and Dust. As a result, Sails.js is ideal for developing browser applications.
• It integrates the ORM-library waterline.js, so that it supports universal tools for working with various types of databases, protocols, third-party APIs. This facilitates interaction with various storage systems.
• This framework is vastly utilized in website development. For example, the site of Verizon is created on its basis.
Hapi.js is an open-source framework fittable for building web apps. It was created by the Walmart Labs team under the leadership of Eran Hammer. When designing the framework, the need to ensure the efficiency of web projects during the sale, which Walmart arranges on Black Friday, was taken into account. In the United States, on the days of this sale, e-commerce systems are under tremendous pressure.
Initially, Hapi used the Express framework, but it turned out that it was accompanied by too many restrictions, so the project based on it did not meet the demands for it. In the end, the Walmart team created Hapi as a standalone framework. Here are its main features:
• Hapi.js has built-in support for databases such as MySQL, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL, so allows you to create static websites.
• This server framework fits well with any library for building interfaces, such as React, Angular and Vue.js.
• A project based on Hapi.js can be implemented as an API server, a server supporting a website or an HTTP proxy.
• It can be used to develop real-time web applications, as well as to create services.
• It is very famous and is often taken for large projects, e.g. the sites of Disney, Concrete, PayPal, Walmart and many others.
Express.js is a really significant for working on projects, picking Node.js up to a new stage. This is a flexible and minimalistic framework for developing time-consuming web applications and software interfaces for mobile applications.
Express.js consists of the attached properties, e.g. simplified multiple routes, database integrations, template engines, and so on. Moreover, high-quality Node.js developers can write extensions, plugins and packages for it too.
Express gives you the flexibility to use any template engine that matches signatures, any user authentication scheme, and any third-party database. It will help you determine the structure of the project directory in a way that is convenient for you.
Main features are:
• Offbeat scripts dependent on occasions. Generally, this implies a Node.js based server never anticipates that information should be come back from the API. After the call, the server continues to the following API, and the Node.js Events notice instrument causes the server to get a reaction from the past API call.
• Single-threaded, but effectively scalable – Node.js uses a single-threaded model with an event loop. The Event motor enables the server to react in a non-blocking way and gives high adaptability, dissimilar to conventional servers that make constrained threads for processing requests.
• No buffering – Node.js applications do not buffer info. Applications essentially yield information in parts.
Derby.js can be described as a full stack framework based on the MVC template and generally utilized in the improvement of modern web applications. With it, you can create both server and customer applications. It is mainly used to create mobile applications and real-time web applications.
Initially, Derby.js bolstered just a set number of standard Node.js modules. However at this point its capacities can without much of a stretch be extended by outsider modules, which adds to the plan and advancement of brilliant activities. Here are some special features of this framework:
• On account of Racer, the information synchronization subsystem incorporated with Derby.js, the engineer can exploit the parallel preparing and synchronization of information between the program some part of the application, its server part and the database. The same goes for customer and server synchronization in a progressively broad sense.
• The framework allows you to organize your code as components using HTML templates, which are convenient to use when designing applications.
• He has an active developer community around him, which means he can get an answer to a complex question about Derby.js, which is not disclosed in the documentation and in existing publications.
• Thanks to the support of server rendering, this framework allows you to create high-performance web projects whose pages are loaded into users’ browsers very quickly and are well indexed by search engines.
LoopBack is a powerful framework containing built-in tools for working with the API, which makes it easy to connect projects based on it to a variety of server resources. This framework was developed by the same team that is working on Express.js. It is worth noting that LoopBack supports a good set of DBMS from various manufacturers.
This framework, due to its powerful capabilities, was chosen by the DA-14 team as the basis for the Community project (social application). LoopBack is used by the well-known domain registrar and hosting provider GoDaddy, it is used by the developer of computer security systems Symantec. Note some features of LoopBack:
• The framework supports the ability to parse data model definitions, simplifies the design of new RESTful-APIs, which helps developers to install predefined roles at user and application levels.
• Through the use of NPM features, it allows you to create dynamic APIs.
• Utilizing dynamic APIs, the performance of dynamic server applications can be significantly improved.
• The framework offers many additional components for managing files, for organizing user logins to the system through third-party projects, for using OAuth2, storage providers, and so on.
• LoopBack applications can be deployed on traditional servers and in cloud environments.
• Together with this framework, you can use various application interface development tools, for example – Angular and SDK for Android and iOS.
• LoopBack has command line tools for creating a REST-API using the API exploration tool; it supports models based on specific data schemas.
• It allows you to quickly connect applications running on mobile devices and browsers to data sources and services.
• It simplifies setting up user authentication and authentication.
Every project is special and has specific issues, so there is no framework suitable for all the building items. When choosing programming language for developing, consider the following factors:
The nature of the documentation.
The status of the project on GitHub, the speed of blunder revision.
A pack of assignments for which the framework is normally utilized.
The complexity of the system.
Compatibility of the framework with other tools you plan to use.
In any case, approach the solution from a rational point of view and give preference to the framework that is equipped according to your specific requirements. Multi-Programming Solutions is always ready to support your choice and help you implement any project. Do not wait for tomorrow and contact us right now!
The gaming industry is gradually becoming significant in the global economy. The estimated industry volume for 2018 was about 139.7 billion dollars. These numbers are 10% higher than years earlier.
The result of the great financial success of the industry is the emergence and development of certain trends. So, virtual reality, mobile, and indie games, as well as e-sports, play a big role. They are these areas that you need to pay close attention to, assessing the state and prospects of the gaming industry.
Today, the gaming industry is experiencing a new stage of development. Gaming companies are increasingly playing an economic role which forms key trends and create innovations. Based on the reports and opinions of experts, it is safe to say that the game market is becoming deeper and larger. There is a place for breakthrough virtual reality technologies, expanding the user base of mobile gaming.
Given today’s realities, the future of the gaming industry promises to be truly exciting.
In recent years, we have also witnessed the continuous growth of mobile gaming. For the period of 2018, the global income of the gaming industry from mobile games reached 35%. According to experts,in 2019, mobile gaming will bring global revenues of 44% of the total market, ahead of the console and PC.
This is due to the fact that almost everyone has a mobile phone, the characteristics of which allow you to run high-quality games with exciting content. Availability, low price for paid applications and ease of development make mobile games a successful and profitable segment of the market.
Project support is a set of services that are related to maintaining the performance of a web resource, application or platform. The Internet is a quite changeable environment, the algorithms of search engines change, and over time, the positions achieved may change. Site and app support includes changing various data, adding new information, adjusting the structure of the site, changing navigation, improving design solutions, placing additional modules, fixing bugs and crashes etc.
In this article, we are going to investigate the significance of having an IT support administrations for your business...
If you have a website, check how many visitors open it on tablets and smartphones – perhaps the result will surprise you. The higher the percentage of such visitors, the more closely you need to consider the design of both desktop and mobile versions of the site.
From PCs to cell phones in a growing universe of various screens and gadgets, we can securely say that entrance to the world’s data on-request is a piece of our lives now. People expect connectivity wherever they are and on whatever gadget they pick — this is the new standard. So it’s the ideal opportunity for companies to advance their projects and comprehend their clients.
The problem is that the screen size imposes limitations: you need to keep the design and connection with the desktop version, but at the same time take into account the peculiarities of behavior and customer needs.
This article is a brief guide to the main nuances of the mobile version developing which you need to remember. Consider them in the design and get an influx of orders and customer loyalty.
Is there a limit on how complex an android application can be? Most often, as a response, you can hear the opinion that such a restriction is the limitation of google play to the size of the added apk.
However, Multi-Programming Solutions has many popular applications, especially games, which have long overstepped this barrier and make no problems whatsoever. The point is that most of the space is occupied by resources (raster graphics, video and music), which are not necessary to be placed directly in the installation file (they can be placed in extension files or stored on their own servers, downloading as needed). Also if you want to have Log in function with Google, notifications and purchases, you should consider that you will meet the limitation in any way.
Can you imagine an Android game made in Unity that uses more than 64K Java methods? If your game exceeds the limit of 64K methods on a DEX file, you will have to poke around in your native plugins and / or build process. This post is an attempt to show different ways to solve the problem.
Launching an app is a great idea, but it’s not that easy as we supposed to think. The majority of mobile applications don’t generate revenue because companies aren’t ready to be competitive. Referring to our experience in successfully building and launching apps we hope to help you omit these difficulties. We are going to talk about ideas, marketing, testing your product, its development, distribution and support. You will learn 8 product launch stages to succeed.
Progressive Web App Development
Havе you ever sееn a site interacting with the user as an application? Is it possible to get the site installed on any gadget, receive notifications and use it even offline? This is the reality that Google is actively promoting, and in this article, you will know all the details.
Progressive Web Apps were announced 4 years ago. This format of creating mobile sites attracted attention due to the relative ease of development and almost instant user interaction. Already in May 2016, at the Google I/O Developer Conference, The Washington Post demonstrated its mobile hybrid website application.
There is a number of PWAs features which are worth considering:
• Progressive — works for any user, regardless of browser (Firefox, Safari, etc), since the main principle here is a progressive improvement.
• Responsive — suitable for any form of devices: desktops, smartphones, tablets or anything else.
• Internet free — using the service worker, it can work offline or on slow networks.
• Fresh — always with new information thanks to the update process of Service worker.
• Secure — transmits data over HTTPS to prevent interception or spoofing of data.
• Indexable — although it is referred to as an “application“, the W3C manifest and register the service worker to allow search engines to find it.
• Engaging — attract users to an application is easier thanks to features like push notifications.
• Fast to install — enables clients to ‘spare’ the most helpful applications on the home screen, without utilizing the application store.
• Easy-reachable — it is anything but difficult to impart to the assistance of the URL, it does not require a full installation.
• Similar to an application — for the user it feels like an application, with all its interactions and navigation, as it is based on the app shell model.
Progressive web app browser support & compatibility
PWA doesn’t nееd to pass any quality tеsts but it will just work with the hand of the browser. This mеans that you can launch applications that are not endorsed in the store, however you can’t accеss native options, for example, Face ID on iPhone X or ARKit for enlarged rеality. Or then again you have to trust that the web stage will gain accеss to these attachments. PWA can work inside Safari like some other site, as wеll as disconnected, likе some other application in the system.
PWA features on IOS
• Sensors (Magnetometer, Accelerometer, Gyroscope)
• Audio output
• Speech synthesis (only with connected headsets)
• Apple pay
• WebAssembly, WebRTC, WebGL, as well as many other experimental technologies and frameworks.
Limitations compared to native IOS apps
The application can only have local data and files up to 50 MB.
If the user does not use the app for several weeks, IOS will clean all data. The icon will still be on the main screen, and upon a new launch, the application will be loaded again.
No access to:
• some functions, such as Bluetooth, serial port, beacons, touch ID, person ID, ARKit, altimeter sensor, battery information.
• code execution in the background.
• private information(contacts, location), and to native social applications.
• In-App Payments(embedded payments) and many other Apple services.
• working with Side or Split Views, PWA will always use full screen on IPads.
No push notifications, no badge or Siri integration.
Differences between PWA Android and IOS
• On Android, you can store more than 50 MB
• Android does not delete files if you are not using the application but can delete files under pressure from the shared storage. In addition, if a PWA user utilizes a large file size, PWA may request persistent storage
• Bluetooth access for BLE devices
• Web share to access the share dialog
• Speech recognition
• Background Sync and Web Push Notifications
• A banner on the site to suggest the user get the application as PWA installed
• You can customize the screensaver and the orientation you need
• WebAPK and Chrome users cannot install multiple instances of PWA
• In the WebAPK and Chrome, PWA is displayed in the ‘Settings’ section, and you can see the use of data
• WebAPK and Chrome PWA are monitoring URLs, so if you get a link to PWA, it will be opened offline, not in a browser window.
Take into account that every browser and application that uses WebView, such supports Service Workers only with the appropriate versions. Supported browsers for progressive web apps are Chrome 40, Safari 11.1, Firefox 44, Edge 17.
Why should you build a progressive web app?
Progressive mobile applications are a product of the joint evolution of the mobile site and the native application. Simply put, a hybrid that incorporates the very best of its predecessors. Now, the ease of installation and opening of the mobile site and the functionality of the native application (push notifications, GPS-navigation, and other native functions) became united.
This technology benefits both customers and users. Such an application can be developed several times cheaper and faster than the native one, which opens up many new opportunities for small companies. For users, the benefits are no less significant: it does not take up space in the phone’s memory, there is no need to download the application from stores.
One of the very advantages of PWA over native apps is the absence of a middleman in the face of the App Store and Google Play app stores. Progressive web technology applications completely eliminate them. The lack of app stores for developers means that they no longer need to be guided by the established rules and policies of Apple and Google, and for users – simplified installation procedures. In order to open PWA, it is enough to go to the company’s website from a mobile device, and the linked web application will open automatically. At the same time, you can install the icon of such an application on the phone screen. To do this, in the automatically open dialog box, you must agree with the installation. This installation method is very different from the installation of a normal (native) application. In fact, The PWA icon is a picture with a link to a web application that opens through a browser, with which the user can launch the application he likes at any time. Another important difference between the PWA and the ‘heavy native’ is that PWA occupies almost no space in the user’s phone memory.
Google has published case studies of companies that have implemented progressive Web Apps. Their results are encouraging:
• AliExpress increased the conversion rate for new users by 104%.
• United eXtra Electronics showed a 4-fold increase in visitor returns and increased sales from users by 100%, that comes as a result of interacting with pop-up notifications.
• 5miles reduced the bounce rate by 50% and increased conversions by 30%.
• Konga uses 92% less data for initial loading compared to downloading their native application.
Hire progressive web app developers
There is a whale of information about creating progressive web applications on the Internet, but for the most part, it is outdated, and many sources contain only fragments of what you need to create an application. The best idea for developing the PWA is to hire a professional team of engineers from the top agency who face this process daily. Also, the team should be familiar with the difficulties that could appear in the project, e.g. IOS and Android limitations, caching.
For the development process they should know the following technologies:
• Angular.js (framework designed specifically for developing responsive applications and dynamic websites).
• TypeScript (programming language).
• Service Worker API (technology that transforms a website into a progressive application).
• SaSS – (tool for creating web styles.pages).
• HTML5 / CSS3(language and set of styles for work with UI ).
Nowadays, the ratio of progressive web apps in the e-commerce segment is 40 out of 100 applications. This means that there is a fairly promising opportunity to attract the maximum of the target audience and make its interaction with your company as efficient as possible.
Building progressive apps, we proceed from the understanding that this solution should work equally adequately on all operating systems. For 2 years, Multi-Programming Solutions deals with the developing PWAs and this experience allows us to get a clear understanding of all the development stages. Since we know the problems that we will overcome during the building process in advance, it allows us to reduce the time and resources to solve them.
Message us or call our managers from San Diego, USA and London, UK to get your first PWA!
How to Be Successful on Etsy: Effective Tips for Taking the cake!
If you are a designer, artist, photographer, writer, knitter, soap-maker or just a person who loves to create in his spare time and make something inspiring with his own hands, then Etsy is for you!
It is a famous eCommerce online marketplace with millions active users that allows people from all over the world to sell and buy goods online. This resource is specific in that it allows people to earn money from their hobbies. The entire range of goods on Etsy is handmade. Create your online store and offer your product to the whole world!
If you’re ready to start your shop at Etsy, you should get deep into the guidelines to understand its nature. We’ve completed effective tips for you to take the cake!
Difference Between Testing of Mobile And Web Applications
Difference Between Testing of Mobile And Web Applications
Testing is one of the most important development stages before the product is launched for use. Testing mobile applications is a long process with its own complexities: a variety of mobile devices with different screen resolutions, differences in operating system versions, etc. At various stages of the process, project managers, programmers and QAs are involved.
Functional testing of a web application, for example, a company’s network, is different from testing a mobile application that is used by thousands, if not millions, of customers. Testing mobile applications includes watching numerous designs, and in this way makes a few strides. A misstep here costs a fortune.
The full testing cycle includes:
• collection and analysis of requirements. At the initial stage of testing, the specialist analyzes the various components of the system, often with the direct participation of the programmer and analyst. According to the analysis of the product specifications, a team of testers develops documentation that will provide a complete, comprehensive software testing.
• planning. Based on the developed documentation, the tester (or the project team as a whole) rationally plans the deadlines for completing the tasks, develops a test plan, selects the types of testing, estimates the labor costs, and also plans the procedure for creating the reporting documentation.
• preparation of test documentation. The goal of this stage is to make the testing process as clear as possible for the project team and transparent for the client. The test documentation gives an idea of the scope and objectives of QA specialists, and contains up-to-date detailed information on the progress and results of work.
• direct testing. Comprehensive assessment of the product being developed includes functional, performance testing, GUI testing, security testing and databases, as well as compatibility testing for the application to work in a specific environment.
• stabilization testing. When the mobile application is almost ready for release, the tester conducts stabilization testing. Its essence lies in the analysis of the system in the most realistic operating conditions. As a rule, the majority of inaccuracies are revealed just at the verification stage in conditions close to reality.
When the quality of the developed application is analyzed for compliance with the demands, the product can be put into operation. But a timeline depends on not only the type of app(web, mobile, PWA) and number of functions, but requirements, testing methods and the necessary tools. Observe the differences between testing of mobile and web apps beneath.
The distinction between mobile and web app testing
1.Mobile apps need functional design for various devices.
Although the differences between these two types of computers are diminishing because every day more and more web applications become available in mobile formats, the complexity of mobile applications is constantly increasing with the complexity of the functions that these devices must support. The mobile application can work on multiple devices, including a cell phone, tablet, locking system or fitness tracker.
2.Web browsers have been created stationary.
While mobile applications must always perform computing options on the way, web applications typically focus on fixed handheld or desktop operations, with the classic functionality of a mouse, cursor, or Wi-Fi router that is less involved in mobile applications. When testing web applications moves to testing mobile applications, the task is consistently expanded. Testing mobile applications should address several different functions in relation to several different environments in various areas.
Increasing user interest and attachment to mobile devices has led QA to check applications for:
• constant connection
• notification management
• multi-platform sync
Moreover, it is a client who is more important than goals, objectives, planning. Thus, software testing is a task of coordinating and ensuring the level of functionality of mobile devices, which will take into account customer requirements and preferences.
Technology challenges: differences between mobile and web testing
• RAM and a lack of storage
Several mobile devices still come with 1 or 2 GB of RAM, as well as relatively small 16 GB SSDs. This creates severe limitations for RAM and storage capacity for testing, especially with regard to the enormous amount of memory and storage available to any current web browser. In addition, services such as advertising platforms can seriously slow down your mobile browser, so transferring your web application to your phone or tablet can be difficult.
• Divers interactions for various users
Interactions for computers and laptops have been stabilized for over 30 years – the mouse and keyboard are the standard for everything from working on Facebook to flash games. This constitutes the features of web application testing.
The problem with mobile applications lies in a wide range of sensory actions – scrolling, pulling, pinching + voice capabilities (Siri and Google Now). Device-specific innovations, such as hand-wave gestures on some Samsung headsets or the new iPhone audio set, add complexity to testing iOS apps and Android apps.
• Special application types
• Proceeding on- and offline
A web application going on a PC will be futile without an Internet connection. The same scenario goes with the mobile web application. However, a native or progressive mobile application may have autonomous functions. Some games can be played without connection, and document editors can also save functionality in flight mode. You need to check how mobile apps carry on when switching between connections or using unstable networks.
This will help to test Android applications, just as iOS and web applications with higher quality.
Of course, there is some overlap between web and mobile apps. Many mobile applications are partly related to web applications, and testers follow some common test patterns in a adaptable development cycle. Availability of test management software is a key building block, since you plan a common testing procedure and focus on incorporating a wide range of workflows, resources, and possible problems associated with both mobile and web applications.
Kinds of testing
It is important to note that manual testing, like automated testing, plays an important role for QA. A machine can save a lot of time and facilitate the process, but not all test processes will do without human participation.
Automated testing is used for:
• module and library testing
• UI / UX matching
Do not forget about testing web application security, it provides a comfortable work for customers and eliminates the processing of bugs after the release of applications.
Features testing mobile applications — a key factor in order to get a great product. Multi-Programming Solutions testers are attentive to any details and understand the importance of proper functioning of both web and mobile applications. We will help to test Android applications or iOS at a high level. Our team knows all the features and standards of web development. We are also aware of the requirements that end users and administrators place on software products. The expert base and rich experience in ensuring the quality of web applications will help you to avoid constant costly improvements after the launch of the software product.
Like what you see? Get in touch with Multi Programming Solutions
OzLance has been helping freelancers find work since 2006 and has reached the ripe old age of 10 years (which is like 30 in tech years!). What did we get you for your birthday? A whole new website platform!
... Read more